CASTELLANOS & CO
Calle 94 A No 7 A- 09
Tel: (57 1) 756 0770
Fax: (57 1) 755 0158
Ximena is the director of the firm and has shown her great managing skills in more than two decades of professional practice. She has although never lost control on the day to day cases, leading with effectiveness, trademark and distinctive signs prosecution, as well and giving her experienced advice in the management of clients IP portfolio.
- Born in Bogotá in 1967.
- Admitted as lawyer in 1990 in Colombia.
- From 1992 until today, manager and partner of the firm.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, graduated in 1990.
- Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, NH, USA, Licensing of Intellectual Property, 1989.
- Centre d Etudes Internationales pour la Propriete Industrielle (CEIPI), Strasbourg, France, Graduate in Right of Marks of it Manufactures (1991).
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá Master in Commercial Law 1992.
- Externado de Colombia, Master in Administrative Law 1999.
- Spanish, English and French
- ACPI (Colombian Association of Industrial Property), Board of Directors 1994.
- Colombo-French Chamber of Trade and Industry 1993.
- INTA (International Trademark Association.
- ASIPI (Interamerican Association of the Industrial Property) National Delegate 1995-1996.
- FICPI (Federation International des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle) National Delegate from 2004 up to date.
- AIPPI (Association International pour la Protection de la Propriété Industrielle).
The Trademark Practice:
- Background search. Opinion on registrability of trademarks based upon the search results, as well as the inherent registrability of the sign.
- Prosecution of trademark applications, compliance with official requirements and legal requirements.
- Filing, prosecution and negotiation of oppositions.
- Recording of Assignments, changes of name, changes of domicile, changes of address and renewals.
- Drafting and/or review of license agreements pursuant to the law in force. Registration thereof, before the relevant authorities.
- Constant surveillance of our clients’ trademarks before third party competitors’ trademark applications.
- Litigation before the contentious-administrative tribunals with regard to registration proceedings.
CASTELLANOS & CO:
Intellectual Property law boutique CASTELLANOS & CO of Bogotá, Colombia, has been devoted to protecting its clients Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights, since 1950.
CASTELLANOS & CO. represents a broad range of clients, from middle sized local companies to Fortune 500 companies from around the world. Through its worldwide network of associates, it offers integrated and complete services within all areas of Intellectual Property on a global basis.
We are proud to offer a personalized service that stands out for its high quality and promptness. With the experience of providing Intellectual Property advice for more than 50 years, we are one of the Top 5 IP Law Firms in Colombia.