Veerenni 24 D
Tel: +372 66 76 445
Fax: +372 66 76 450
Triinu Hiob heads NJORD Law Firm’s dispute resolution practice and has extensive experience in the field of employment law. Over the past 15 years she has advised and represented a great variety of domestic and international private companies as well as state authorities on most complex disputes throughout all court instances. Additionally, Triinu has served as arbitrator for the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and she is a member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration in Hague. She regularly acts as a conciliator of the insurance conciliation body of the Estonian Insurance Association, and is an arbitrator of the Estonian insurance arbitration board. Triinu Hiob is appointed as a member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR.
Since 2009 Triinu Hiob has teached at the Faculty of Law of the University of Tartu and participated in the work of the LL.M. final oral defence committees.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2017 recognizes NJORD’s strong Estonian employment team: clients characterize the team as “trustworthy, punctual and solution-oriented”. In Chambers and Partners Europe 2017, clients describe the team as: “willing to go the extra mile in lobbying for our case”
- Triinu Hiob is also recognized for her employment law expertise and particular focus on employment litigation by Chambers and Partners.
- Legal 500 2017 states that the “trustworthy and solution-oriented” dispute resolution practice at NJORD Law Firm is headed by Triinu Hiob. The firm’s dispute resolution practice is also noted by the most recent edition of Chambers Europe. Triinu Hiob was also recommended in dispute resolution in 2015 by Legal 500.
- Triinu Hiob was individually ranked by Chambers and Partners in 2016: “She is highly regarded by peers for her strong knowledge of employment law.”
- In 2015 Chambers and Partners wrote: “Senior associate Triinu Hiob is considered by market sources to be a skilled employment practitioner.”
The Employment Law Practice:
Our experts have experience from all areas of labour law within the private as well as the public sector, and we draw up a wide spectrum of relevant documents both in connection with the establishment and the termination of employment relationships:
- Employee manuals
- Agreements in connection with cases and disputes
In addition, we conduct court cases on behalf of our clients regarding:
- Equal treatment
- Wrongful dismissal
- Summary dismissal
- Discriminatory treatment
- Duty of loyalty
- Non-competition and non-solicitation clauses
When our clients are planning major organisational restructurings, we represent them at the negotiating table – for example in connection with:
- Outsourcing of work areas
- Acquisitions and sales of businesses
- Negotiations with unions and organisations
We also draw up incentive and bonus schemes tailored to the individual requirements of a business. In addition, we have great experience in cases concerning collective agreements, with respect to the interpretation of such agreements and in relation to the handling and negotiation of disputes.
As our competences cover a wide field, we are able to advise clients in all lines of business, including the pharmaceutical industry, the construction industry, the IT and telecom industry, the food industry, and the advertising business – just to mention some of the various business sectors to which we provide services.
NJORD Law Firm
NJORD is a law firm with a Nordic profile and a global mindset. With our unique Nordic and Baltic structure, we can provide individual solutions covering several countries. NJORD employs nearly 200 lawyers in five offices in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Denmark. The Estonian office is co-headed by Karolina Ullman who is dual-qualified in Sweden and Estonia.
Our approach is to stay a few steps ahead, which is essential to ensure the best service for our clients. NJORD is awarded with Quality Management Certificate by the Estonian Bar Association, which is an acknowledgement for a high standard of services and managerial processes.