Holland & Knight LLP
200 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
Stephen T. Ball is a lawyer in the Orlando office who practices in the areas of employment discrimination and other employment/labor-related matters such as employment discrimination litigation, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) matters, employment and severance agreements, non-competition agreements and litigation. He regularly represents employers in employment and labor-related lawsuits in state and federal courts and in investigations and charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Florida Commission on Human Relations and related organizations. He also represents employers in such areas as unemployment compensation appeals and plant closings under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act.
Mr. Ball is a frequent speaker and commentator for television news stations on labor and employment law topics and is also an experienced trial attorney in the areas of labor and employment litigation, commercial litigation, personal injury defense litigation and appellate practice, in both state and federal courts. He has been awarded numerous honors and was recently recognized by Super Lawyers as a ten-year selectee.
Honors & Awards
- Kids House of Seminole, Inc., Wayne Densch Children’s Advocacy Center, Outstanding Leadership Award, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor & Employment, 2010-2019
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2009, 2010, 2012-2016
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2010, 2012-2018
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, November 2009
- Best of the Bar, Orlando Business Journal, 2005
- William Starr Moot Court Law Competition, National Champion, 1986
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
The Personal Injury Law Practice:
- Holland & Knight’s labor law attorneys exclusively represent management in all union-management matters.
- Our team defends clients against unfair labor practice charges and guides unionized employers in bargaining with their unions and in administering their collective bargaining agreements.
- We provide legal advice to ensure that our clients’ policies comply with state and federal law, including the National Labor Relations Act, in order to avoid inadvertent but costly unfair labor practice proceedings.
Holland & Knight LLP:
Holland & Knight is a global law firm with more than 1,300 lawyers and other professionals in 28 offices throughout the world. Our lawyers provide representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law.
Interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams provide clients with access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.