Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz
Otto Beck Str. 11
Tel: +49 621 4257 0
Fax: +49 621 4257 280
Stephan Scherer of Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz is an expert in estate planning and inheritance law.
Scherer brings a wealth of experience to both domestic and international succession planning matters, and advises clients on a variety of other private wealth issues including wills and the structuring of family assets in foundations. He also helps clients with the establishment and administration of family offices.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- International and national succession planning for family shareholders of several of Germany’s largest family owned businesses (wills, pre- and postnuptial agreements, consortium agreement)
- Execution of wills (e.g. regarding an estate worth more than EUR 80 million and located in various jurisdictions)
- Establishment and advice in regard with the administration of various family and non-profit foundations in Germany and abroad
- Advice in connection with relocation from Germany to Switzerland into the United States
- Advice in connection with asset-management and custodian contracts, building up of Family Offices
- Advice to family office in regulation law matters
- Advice at M&A-transactions (e.g. sale of Wella AG to Procter & Gamble (EUR 6,4 billion), Vapiano SE)
- Advice in economic aspects in connection with divorce-proceedings
The Estate & Trust Law Practice:
Our private clients practice group takes on the particular challenge of shaping the economic present and planning for the future of entrepreneurs, wealthy individuals and family-owned businesses in the domestic and international environment. The focal points of our services are estate planning, corporate and tax law advice, the laws on foundations and non-profit organizations, legal and tax advice in connection with asset management and structuring as well as matrimonial property law.
Range of services Private Clients:
- Estate law and anticipated succession
- Estate and endowment tax law
- Execution of wills and advice in connection therewith
- Tax law advice in connection with asset management
- Relocation to a foreign country
- Laws on foundations and non-profit organizations
- Art law and laws on culturally valuable goods
- Organization and selection procedures for custodian banks and asset managers
- Corporate and related tax law advice for family-owned businesses and their shareholders
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements
Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz:
The main focus of our practice is on corporate law, M&A, capital markets, banking & finance, labor law, antitrust law, intellectual property, competition law, business succession, trust law and public and administrative law as well as tax law and insolvency law. Over the last years, our clients included 14 of the 30 enterprises listed on the DAX. In addition, our clients include leading industrial and trade enterprises, banks, insurance companies and financial services providers as well as large family owned businesses and wealthy private clients.
It is our conviction that the quality of legal advice does not primarily depend on the size of a firm but on the qualification of its attorneys. Aside from their exceptional expertise in their respective fields which they have usually proven in scholarly publications, our attorneys have a special insight into commercial and economic connections and requirements. This allows us to develop individually tailored, sustainable and pragmatic solutions with regard to complex legal issues.
The central element of our self-image is the uncompromising standard of quality of our legal advice in conjunction with close connections between clients and the responsible partner. In addition, we value working in teams of appropriate size whose composition is determined in accordance with the requirements of the respective matter.