Stelios Americanos & Co LLC
12, Demostheni Severi Av.
Office 601, 6th Floor
1080 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: +357 22465500
Fax: +357 22338500
Mr. Americanos is the managing partner of the firm, in charge of the Corporate and Commercial department, heads a team of lawyers with specializations in corporate law, M&A, tax, banking finance.
He has extensive experience in the set up and completion of complex joint-ventures and cross-border structures through the use of Cyprus vehicles and advises regularly on Corporate, M&A and Banking & Finance issues.
Mr. Americanos has contributed a number of articles on legal developments in professional journals and has participated in conferences and seminars including delivery of papers and lectures.
He is the director of a number of private and public companies and the Political Coordinator, of the newly established political movement of “Simaxia Politon”.
Mr. Americanos served as a Member of the Board of Directors of CYTA, the country’s national telecommunication authority for six years appointed by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cyprus.
The Corporate & Commercial Law Pracrice:
The firm’s comprehensive corporate and commercial practice includes:
- Formation, acquisition and dissolution of companies in Cyprus and abroad
- Corporate management and secretarial services
- Corporate reorganization and restructuring
- Insolvency services
- Trustee-fiduciary services
- Corporate governance matters
- Advising on shareholders issues-including advice on the drafting, negotiation and implementation of subscription and shareholders’ agreements
- Capital increases, equity contribution, differentiation of class rights and venture-capital financing
- Redomiciliation of companies
- Cross boarder transactions and joint ventures
- Agency, distributorship and franchise agreements
- Private and public offerings and takeovers
- Sophisticated structures involving Cyprus entities
- Securities law compliance
- All intellectual aspects of commercial transactions
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS:
- Structuring and tax optimisation of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Financial and tax due diligence in connection with acquisitions involving Cyprus companies
- Drafting and negotiation of subscription/share purchase agreements, shareholders and joint venture agreements
- Legal and tax advice on corporate, regulatory, securities, competition, labour and enforcement matters
Stelios Americanos & Co LLC:
Stelios Americanos & Co LLC is a full services law firm with headquarters based in Nicosia, Cyprus and a branch in Athens, Greece. It specializes in corporate, commercial and banking law, focusing mainly on transboundary banking financing, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
Additionally, it provides services and consults on areas involving administrative and public law, energy – natural resources , property and construction work , BOT / PFI, competition law, public procurement and tenders and tax services.
Stelios Americanos & Co LLC has strong legal experience in the areas of civil, public and administrative law. It advises clients on banking and financial disputes, registration and execution of judgements and arbitral awards and ensures intermediate remedies and all kinds of interim orders regarding disputes between shareholders, creditors, enforcement of charges and fraud cases.
Furthermore, members of the law firm represent clients in arbitration cases or undertake arbitration proceedings.
The firm is advising governmental and semi-governmental organisations, major financial-banking institutions, public companies quoted in the Cyprus Stock Exchange and multinational corporations in high profile asset finance, project finance and securitisation and on complex cross-boarder transactions including Mergers & Acquisitions and restructuring.
The firm assembled a dynamic team working with cutting edge technology and quickly established an enviable reputation for efficient and competent service and has become a leading niche firm for corporate work.
The firm’s clients are guaranteed continuous and tailored support combined with a positive and constructive approach and an ability to solve complex legal and tax problems in a business oriented mentality.