Stelios Americanos & Co LLC
12, Demostheni Severi Av.
Office 601, 6th Floor
1080 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: +357 22465500
Fax: +357 22338500
Mr. Soteris Costa has years of experience in both litigation and matters involving general corporate law and provides legal advice to clients both in Cyprus and abroad. After years of practicing law, Mr. Costa has acquired valuable experience in handling cases of civil, administrative and criminal law and has extensive experience in conducting hearings before the District Courts, the Special Courts, but also the Supreme Court of Cyprus, both at first instance and on appeal.
Mr. Costa provides legal advice to several foreign clients and participates in the set up and completion of complex joint-ventures and cross border structures through the use of Cyprus vehicles and advices regularly on Corporate, M&A and Banking and Finance Issues.
- Counsel in multinational cross border transactions involving investments in real estate in the former Eastern European countries, through the Republic of Cyprus.
- Actively participates as a lawyer in cases involving the division of large marital property which may be situated worldwide and is held through complex Cyprus corporate structures for the benefit of the spouses.
- Successfully obtained interlocutory conservative injunctions before the District Courts in various cases for the benefit of our clients, aiming to protect assets until the determination of court proceedings or in aid of internation arbitration proceedings.
- Succeeded in getting interlocutory conservative injunctions issued against our clients on an ex parte basis, dismissed.
- Performed legal due diligence on Cypriot registered companies on behalf of large real estate investment management firms with global activities, aiming to the acquisition of real estate property in Central and Eastern Europe.
The Litigation & Arbitration Practice:
The firm has a strong litigation practice, covering all areas of civil, public and administrative law. We have represented local and foreign clients in all types of disputes and forums including:
- National and international arbitration
- Banking and financial
- Stock exchange and securities legislation
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Real estate and family successions
- Enforcement of foreign judgements and arbitration awards
- Administrative law recourses
- Interim pre-emptive remedies
- Shareholders disputes
- Creditors rights
- Enforcement of pledges and charges
Stelios Americanos & Co LLC:
Stelios Americanos & Co is a full services law firm with headquarters based in Nicosia, Cyprus and a branch in Athens, Greece. It specializes in corporate, commercial and banking law, focusing mainly on transboundary banking financing, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
Additionally, it provides services and consults on areas involving administrative and public law, energy – natural resources , property and construction work , BOT / PFI, competition law, public procurement and tenders and tax services.
Stelios Americanos & Co LLC has strong legal experience in the areas of civil, public and administrative law. It advises clients on banking and financial disputes, registration and execution of judgements and arbitral awards and ensures intermediate remedies and all kinds of interim orders regarding disputes between shareholders, creditors, enforcement of charges and fraud cases.
Furthermore, members of the law firm represent clients in arbitration cases or undertake arbitration proceedings.
The firm is advising governmental and semi-governmental organisations, major financial-banking institutions, public companies quoted in the Cyprus Stock Exchange and multinational corporations in high profile asset finance, project finance and securitisation and on complex cross-boarder transactions including Mergers & Acquisitions and restructuring.
The firm assembled a dynamic team working with cutting edge technology and quickly established an enviable reputation for efficient and competent service and has become a leading niche firm for corporate work.
The firm’s clients are guaranteed continuous and tailored support combined with a positive and constructive approach and an ability to solve complex legal and tax problems in a business oriented mentality.