Rose M. La Femina
401 East Las Olas Boulevard
Suite 1400, Fort Lauderdale
Tel: +1 954-332-2377
Fax: +1 954-332-2377
Rose M. La Femina is a Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts and Estates Attorney who focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, trust and estate administration, probate and trust litigation, and tax. Rose represents business owners, corporate executives, wealthy individuals and professionals and their families with a wide-range of estate planning issues.
Rose also represents individuals and corporate fiduciaries in probate and trust administration and litigation matters, including complicated tax planning available after a decedent’s death, settling will and trust disputes and resolving controversies with the Internal Revenue Service.
Rose acts as liaison between personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys and their clients in establishing special needs trusts for the supplemental needs of individuals while simultaneously preserving their public benefits eligibility.
She also works with non-traditional couples and families regarding the issues that gay and lesbian couples, as well as other individuals in nontraditional relationships, face including the legal complications associated with living together, adoption and separation.
Awards & Recognition
- Board Certified in Wills, Trusts, and Estates Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- The Best Lawyers in America 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Listed in Florida for Trusts and Estates
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County and The Susan B. Anthony Recovery Center 2010, 2012, and 2014 Recognized as one of the “100 Outstanding Women of Broward County”
- Business Leader Magazine 2012, Recognized as a “South Florida Women Extraordinaire”
- 1000+ Club to Benefit Cancer 2011, Recognized as “Woman of the Year”
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2008, Listed in Florida for Estate Planning & Probate, Tax, and Estate & Trust Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
Professional Memberships & Activities
- The Florida Bar, Probate Law Committee, Member
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Executive Council Member
- The Florida Bar, Tax, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- The Florida Bar, Miami Probate Law Sub-Committee, Past Chair
- Women of Tomorrow, Scholarship Committee, Mentor
- Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Greater Fort Lauderdale/The Pride Center, Member
- University of Miami School of Law, Graduate Program in Estate Planning, Advisor 1999-2010
- Children’s Home Society of Florida, Intercoastal Division, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Member
- Children’s Home Society of Florida, Intercoastal Division, Development Committee, Member
- Children’s Home Society of Florida, East Broward Auxiliary, Ball Committee Corporate Liaison, Past President