The Hughes Law Firm, P.C.
4155 East Jewell Avenue,
Denver, CO 80222
Richard is a graduate of Indiana University where he majored in education, biology and chemistry, and the University Of Denver College Of Law. He and his staff have hosted thousands of seminars, workshops and panel discussions on a variety of estate planning topics, including probate avoidance, tax savings, powers of attorney, living wills, HIPAA, disability issues, asset-protection strategies, Medicaid law and trust planning.
Richard is a member of the Elder Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council, the Colorado Estate Planning Education Council and WealthCounsel. He is a former director of the National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys and Liberty Savings Bank, FSB, and was honored in 2010 as a top wealth manager by DenverBiz.
A prolific writer, Richard has authored numerous titles, including The Colorado Guide to the Living Trust, The Colorado Guide to Medicaid, The Colorado Guide to Probate, The Colorado Guide to Hospice Care, The Colorado Guide to VA Aid and Attendance, Colorado Life Care Planning and The How-to-Settle-My-Trust Manual. He also co-authored the 2009 Colorado-specific edition of Gabriel Heiser’s consumer-friendly Medicaid planning book entitled How to Protect Your Assets from Devastating Nursing Home Costs.
Whether conducting a seminar or confidential client meeting, Richard translates difficult legal strategies into plain English and zeros in on real-life issues that concern most every American family – regardless of means.
Richard is proud of his peer-rated Martindale Hubbell “AV Preeminent” rating* (the very highest possible rating for both skills and ethics), his loyal staff of 17 professionals, his beautiful daughters – Hallie and Lauren – and the privilege of having helped over 80,000 families plan for their loved ones’ inheritances since 1974.
The Hughes Law Firm, P.C:
The Hughes Law Firm has been helping Colorado families plan for the future for more than 40 years. While we have pretty much seen it all when it comes to estate planning, probate and estate settlement, we know that every one of our clients is unique. We think we are, too. Here’s why:
- We offer free, no-obligation seminars on a year-round basis in many locations around the state. Find out when we will be in your area, and register today.
- Where most law firms divide their resources among divorces, bankruptcies, criminal cases, DUIs, corporate law and car wreck lawsuits ― dabbling in wills and trusts only occasionally ― we focus our entire efforts on only two areas of law: estate planning and estate settlements.
- We constantly teach estate planning through our free public seminarsoffered 6 to 10 times each month in Denver and up and down the Front Range. To date, we have taught over 180,000 Coloradans the “basics,” arming them with intelligent questions to ask as they shop us or others.
- We have an unrivaled 240 years of combined estate planning and estate settlement experience among our staff of 18 – many who have been with us for 25 to 35 years! There is no substitute for experience, and no greater joy than dedicated colleagues!
- We have an unmatched array of eight offices: five in metro Denver, one in Colorado Springs, one in Broomfield and one in Ft. Collins. No other firm can boast of this level of client convenience. None.
- We have a staff nurse/geriatric care consultant to help our elderly clients and their younger family members navigate through the treacherous waters of aging. The need for elder law help is growing. We’re prepared, and unlike many part-time planning firms, have been prepared for years.
- We have stellar ratings from among the most reputable rating services on the planet. In fact, several of our attorneys are AV Preeminent peer review rated through Martindale-Hubbell* ― the highest rating possible. We encourage you to review our ratings on either Martindale-Hubble or AVVO, another attorney rating website.