IFSC, North Wall Quay
Tel: +353 1 649 2202
Fax: +353 1 649 2649
Peter Walker is a Partner in the Banking and Financial Services Department. His principal practice areas are asset backed finance (including portfolio sales and acquisitions), debt capital markets, private equity finance, general banking & restructurings.
Recent transactions on which Peter has been involved with include, numerous performing and non-performing loan portfolio acquisitions and disposals (both secured and unsecured), trade receivable securitisations (multi jurisdictional and purely domestic), high yield bond issues, CLO, RMBS and CMBS restructurings and a number of existing and newly established MTN and repacking programmes. Recent other notable transactions include the establishment of acquisition platforms and loan origination platforms for various pe and hedge funds.
In addition to the above, Peter also provides advice on ISDA, settlement systems and general securities law issues.
Peter is recognised as a leading lawyer in a number of legal publications. Feedback includes: “Peter is a leader in structured finance” (Legal 500, 2015). “Peter has been around a long time so he knows his stuff and is always very helpful” (Chambers Global 2015). “Peter is technically superb and one of the best in Ireland” (Chambers Global 2014). “Peter really is top notch” (Legal 500 2014). “Peter is experienced in a broad range of debt and equity issues and is recommended as an exceptionally gifted lawyer” (Chambers Global 2013). “Peter Walker has recently been heavily involved in securitisation work. According to sources, he is “technical, pragmatic and excellent at putting clients at ease.” (Chambers Global 2012). “Competitors respect Walker as pragmatic and diligent…I know Peter Walker’s good through experience. He’s a pleasant guy to work with. When he turns up on a transaction on another side it’s a good thing” (IFLR1000 2012); He is “singled out for his excellent customer service & industry knowledge” (Legal 500 2011); “he is a key figure at the firm” (Chambers Global 2011).
A&L Goodbody is internationally recognised as one of Ireland’s leading law firms delivering the full range of corporate legal services. Since our establishment more than 100 years ago we have been at the heart of some of the most significant assignments in the history of the Irish State. With 86 partners and a staff of 650, we are an “all-island” law firm, with offices in Dublin and Belfast. We also have a strong international presence with offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Palo Alto. We believe that the combination of the following factors is what positions us at the very top of our market.
- Our client base comprises domestic and international clients including State and semi-State entities; leading national and global businesses; multi-national corporations; banks, funds and other entities within the financial services sector.
- We deliver the most extensive range of specialist legal services available in Ireland through our specialist practice and industry sector groups. International legal directories place us at the top of the market in all of our practice areas.
- Clients come to us because of our ability to quickly understand their objectives and develop practical and strategically robust legal solutions. We apply experience, judgment and commercial acumen to find innovative solutions to the most complex legal problems.
- Our longstanding working relationships with top international law firms in all jurisdictions are of benefit to our clients who work on a global basis.
- We are proud that client feedback and market commentators consistently highlight both our ability to provide the highest quality legal advice and our collaborative and commercial approach. At The Lawyer European Awards 2015 we were named not only Irish Law Firm of the Year (for the second year running), but also European Law Firm of the Year – a first for any Irish law firm. Uniquely, MergerMarket, Bloomberg, Experian and Thomson Reuters have all named us No. 1 Irish M&A Law Firm for each of the past three years.
- We see the industry awards we receive, some of which are noted below, as endorsements of the high level of client loyalty we enjoy and of our focus on client service and value.
Legal excellence and service delivery are the fabric of our firm. Our culture is one of partnership and collaboration. This approach sets us apart and helps us give our clients better solutions, more quickly and more cost effectively. Our clients are our focus and our service is based on our core values above.