Global Sports Advocates
One Monument Way
Portland, Maine 04101
Paul J. Greene, the Founder of Global Sports Advocates, LLC, is recognized by Chambers USA and Super Lawyers as one of America’s leading sports lawyers. Paul has handled sports law matters around the world, including numerous hearings before the international Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland known as the “Supreme Court for Sports Law.”
Paul is a member of the Immigration Legal Advocacy Project, a group committed to protecting the rights of immigrants by providing pro bono representation in asylum matters. He teaches “Law and Sports” at the University of Maine School of Law and serves on the school’s Alumni Association Board of Directors. Paul also teaches “Legal Ethics in Business” at the University of Southern Maine’s Business School.
Paul is on the list of approved lawyers for the International Court of Arbitration for Sport, the Sports Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada and the United States Olympic Committee.
He is admitted to practice in the States of Maine, Massachusetts, New York and the District of Colorado.
- Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson v. Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission: successfully appealed doping bans of gold medal sprinters at the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Bans were reduced from 18 months to 6 months. CAS Panel ordered the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission pay attorney’s fees in historic decision.
- Caroline Maher v. World Taekwondo Federation: successfully overturned a wrongful doping ban levied against an Egyptian athlete by her international federation;
- Suzana Zoran v. MFK Ruzomberok: prevailed in contract dispute involving a FIFA transfer fee on behalf of a Bosnian agent;
- Phil DeRosier v. USA Track & Field: defended the right of a track and field athlete to compete in the U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials in an emergency arbitration just hours before his scheduled race.
- Michael Phelps Foundation v. Domains By Proxy: obtained a judgment against a cybersquatter who had illegally registered the domain name www.michaelphelpsfoundation.com.
Global Sports Advocates:
Global Sports Advocates is a sports law firm devoted to the protection of athletes’ rights, the delivery of trusted advice on sports regulation and policy and the management of crisis situations.
The firms provides representation in sports arbitration and litigation including anti-doping, intellectual property, contract, salary, sports injury, sports products liability and mislabelled supplement cases.
In the high profile world of sports, when a crisis happens, a wrong move can come back to haunt you. Global Sports Advocates provides trusted advice, guidance and management of sensitive, crisis situations.
SPORTS REGULATION AND POLICY
Global Sports Advocates delivers trusted advice on sports regulation and policy to athletes, governing bodies and companies around the world so the law is no barrier to entry into the sports world.
Global Sports Advocates provides trusted representation in athletic disputes successfully handling matters across a broad spectrum including cases in the following areas: Doping, Intellectual Property, Salary, Contracts, Team Selection and Eligibility, Immigration, Sports Injuries, Criminal, Cybersquatting, Sports Litigation and Arbitration, Title IX , Sports Products Liability, Mislabelled Supplement Cases, Unauthorized use of name, likeness and image (right of publicity).