Jadek & Pensa
Tavčarjeva ulica 6
Tel: +386 1 234 25 20
Fax: +386 1 234 25 32
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Financial and banking
- Master of Laws, Columbia University School of Law (2005);
- Walter Gellhorn Prize, May 2005 (highest GPA in the LL.M. class of 2005);
- James Kent Scholar, May 2005 (cumulative GPA above A-)
- University Degree Bachelor of Law, University of Ljubljana Law School (2003); cum laude (highest grade)
- Law Office Jadek & Pensa Partner, April 2010
- Law Office Jadek & Pensa Senior Associate, March 2009 – March 2010
- Law Office Jadek & Pensa Associate, March 2007 – February 2009
- Appelate Court of Ljubljana Clerkship, October 2005 – November 2006
- Law Office Jadek & Pensa Junior Associate, January 2003 – August 2004
- Slovenian, English, Serbian, Croatian, French
MEMBERSHIPS & OTHER DUTIES
- Slovenian bar (since 2007)
The M&A Law Practice:
Mergers and acquisitions represent an important aspect of the strategic shifting of the global market relations. In times of increasing competition, companies strive to find solutions for cooperation, which would place them at a competitive advantage. We learnt from our experience that mergers and acquisitions, as well as defence against them, are complex procedures and their success depends upon exact and timely planning, followed by accurate and effective implementation.
The mergers and acquisitions planning procedure is a complex process, requiring an effective cooperation of experts from various fields. The implementation of mergers and acquisitions requires accurate and timely management of numerous corporate, administrative and judicial procedures. As legal counsellors we play an important part in this process, as we need to decide upon a legally appropriate and effective strategy. We also need to ensure the accordance of our actions with general rules regulating mergers and acquisitions, as well as with numerous regulations specific to a particular industry. Before an acquisition process we need to conduct a thorough legal due diligence in order to recognise all the possible risks applicable to either the purchase or sale of shares.
In cases of non-agreed or hostile takeovers we need to decide upon the right defence strategy, and success can only be achieved through team work. A successful defence team cannot be complete without attorneys with knowledge and experience in corporate law, litigation and administrative procedures.
Jadek & Pensa:
Jadek & Pensa is one of the leading commercial law firms in Slovenia currently consisting of 9 partners, 8 associates and a team of junior lawyers. The firm regularly handles transactions with cross-border elements, collaborating with most of the top international law firms with which it maintains close relations. The firm’s reputation of a combination of technical ability and commercial awareness has been widely recognised. Legal publications “The Chambers Global Guide”, “The Legal 500” and “IFLR1000” continuously rank the firm top-tier in all practices.
We provide our clients with a comprehensive range of professional services in areas of mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, capital markets, competition, corporate, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property, electronic communications and e-commerce, project finance, energy, property and real estate, restructuring/insolvency and tax.