802 N. Carancahua, Suite 1900
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
Tel: (361) 698-7378
Fax: (361) 698-7378
Mike Stukenberg assists clients in preparing and developing their estate plans and structuring their family businesses. He also represents clients in income and estate tax audits and probate and trust matters. Mike’s clients include companies and individuals involved in ranching and farming, oil and gas exploration and development, banking, real estate, construction and retailing.
- B.A., Princeton University, 1973
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1976 – Executive Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Board Certified, Tax Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, since 1983
- Board Certified, Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, since 1984
- Admitted to practice in Texas and U.S. Tax Court
- Former faculty member, Southwestern Legal Foundation Institute on Wills and Probate
- Former faculty member, Tulane Tax Institute
- Former faculty member, American Bar Association Tax Section Seminars
- Former faculty member, State Bar of Texas Advanced Tax Planning Institute
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®for Trusts and Estates
- Thompson Reuters’ Texas Super Lawyers 2003-2004, 2006, 2009 – 2017
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Fellow, Texas Academy of Probate and Trust Lawyers
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Former Director and President, Corpus Christi Estate Planning Council
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section, Committee on Estate and Gift Taxes, Past Chair, Subcommittee on Family Limited Partnerships
- Past Chair, State Bar of Texas, Advanced Drafting-Estate Planning and Probate Institute
- Frequently speaks and contributes articles on federal income tax and estate planning topics
- Past President and Director, Board of Directors, YMCA of the Coastal Bend
- Past Trustee, Art Museum of South Texas
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Art Museum of South Texas
- Outstanding volunteer attorney, Rio Grande Legal Aid Volunteer Lawyers Project
The Estate & Trust Law Practice:
Estate planning usually begins with the preparation of a will, and sometimes a revocable living trust. The firm’s estate planning lawyers work with our clients to put together plans to:
- Transfer property to loved ones
- Put the right people in charge of carrying out the client’s wishes
- Maximize the amount going to loved ones by reducing taxes.
Estate and Gift Taxes
Our estate tax planning attorneys have the background and experience to help you minimize the transfer tax cost of passing your wealth on to the next generation. We are familiar with the latest techniques and strategies to aid our clients in pursuing their estate planning goals without incurring unnecessary estate, gift and generation skipping taxes. We also assist our clients in IRS estate and gift tax audits.
Charitable Foundations and Charitable Remainder Trusts
Over the years, our estate planning attorneys have helped a number of clients in setting up charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts. They have also worked extensively with clients to establish and tax-qualify a number of charitable foundations, and to advise trustees on the legal and tax aspects of operating a private foundation.
Family Limited Partnerships
Our estate planning lawyers work with the firm’s corporate and securities attorneys to help our clients achieve:
- Seamless transfers of management of family assets across generations, or in the event the client becomes incapacitated
- Asset protection goals
- Reductions in the estate tax applicable to the client’s assets
Our estate planning lawyers advise clients on how to minimize estate and gift taxes by making gifts during one’s life. These gifts can be made outright or to a trust created to benefit the client’s descendants.
Probate, Trust & Estate Administration
Our estate planning attorneys and probate lawyers represent executors, beneficiaries and trustees in all phases of trust and estate administration, from the initial probate of a will through the final settlement of the estate, and in all matters relating to the administration of trusts.
We advise our clients on the best ways to protect them from frivolous lawsuits and other threats to the results of a lifetime of work and saving.
Our trial attorneys are experienced in prosecuting and defending lawsuits against trustees, executors, and beneficiaries, including will contests, suits alleging undue influence, and suits against executors and trustees regarding the performance of their duties.
We have extensive experience in handling court-appointed guardianships, as well as the establishment of trusts for the benefit of minors and incapacitated persons.
Marital Property Agreements
Our estate planning lawyers can help clients prepare marital property agreements to accomplish their asset protection goals and document pre-nuptial arrangements.
Branscomb PC’s lawyers strive to provide creative solutions for businesses, executives and families with tax, real estate, oil and gas, estate planning, probate, corporate, employment and litigation matters. We combine the attention and responsiveness that one would expect from a smaller law firm with the levels of expertise found at much larger firms.
We are committed to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity in each matter we undertake. We communicate with our clients to ensure that they understand the scope of our services, how quickly they can expect us to complete those services, and how much those services will cost. We take pride in our work, and we are grateful for the relationships of trust and confidence that we have with our clients.