MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados
José Antonio Cabrera 2938 1ºA
Tel: +5411 4963 1310
Fax: +5411 4962 3697
Mercedes founded the firm in December 2012 after working for relevant national lawfirms, being partner of one for six years.
She graduated from Universidad de Buenos Aires with honors and holds a master on the Law School of the University of Connecticut, U.S.A. She has over 18 years experience in business consulting focused on labor and employment law nationally and internationally and human resource matters.
She is the only women who has been featured among the leading lawyers in her practice area by Legal 500 Latin America for the years 2012-2016, Chambers & Partners for the years 2010-2017 and Who’s Who Legal for the years 2015 and 2016 among the ten (10) most relevant lawyers in the area of Employment and Social Security Law.
Member of the Committee on Employment and Discrimination and Senior Newsletter Editor of the Labour and Employment Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA).
She is also Coordinator of the Research and Study Commission for the Master in Employment Law of Universidad Austral. Mercedes is also a member of the Human Resources Committee of the Argentine-French Chamber of Commerce and of the “Marianne” Association, an organization created by the French Embassy that gathers the most relevant business women in Argentina and France.
Regularly, she contributes with articles to various academic publications and conferences as speaker and moderator for local and international organizations.
The Labor & Employment Law Practice:
We have a high reputation for our preventive approach in the area of human resources, which includes, among other matters:
- Conduct human resources policies; give workshops and conferences on the latest trends in labor law
- Assist in corporate restructurings due to international and local mergers and acquisitions, reducing contingencies in a way that combines efficiency in the results and costs of our clients;
- Advice, negotiate and implement particular solutions for the needs of our clients, with an emphasis on protecting their investments;
- Write and adapt corporate policies, contracts, agreements and other international instruments to local legislation with creativity minimizing risks under local law;
- Define strategies for negotiating termination of labor contracts, settlement agreements for termination of labor relations, interventions before the local authority;
- Review, modify and prepare non-compete agreements, local and international confidentiality;
- Make recommendations on issues of collective law, negotiations with unions and management of situations involving union representatives;
- Carry out auditing and / or due diligence processes with reasons of corporate transactions or for the purpose of detecting contingencies and improving the management of human resources;
- Represent our clients in front of administrative bodies and local judicial authorities;
- Propose solutions on issues of immigration law and expatriation of employees.
MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados:
MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados is a boutique law firm founded by Mercedes Balado Bevilacqua in December 2012, after 15 years of career working for different Argentinean relevant firms and having been partner of one during 7 years.
Since its commencement MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados has been singled out as one of the leader law firms in providing local and international legal counseling in labor, employment, social security and human resource matters. In view of that, we have recently decided to expand our practice and include counseling in corporate and tax matters addressed to provide our clients with a global legal service.
We are experts in handling a variety of legal matters and recognized for our expertise in providing preventive counseling aimed to minimize clients’ exposure and contingencies, considering our clients’ particular needs.
We provide tailored-made comprehensive legal advice on a daily basis to general company business queries, significant re-structuring operations due to local and/or international mergers and acquisitions, reducing contingencies in such a way that our services combine efficient results with a cost lessen effect for our clients.
In addition, if the matter needs it, we represent our clients before Legal Courts or Administrative Authorities of diverse areas of practice.
In such a sense, we determine specific defensive strategies considering the particular circumstances of the case with the purpose of protecting our clients’ interest.
Our international focus is reflected, among other issues; in alliances with international law firms, for its clients with operations in Argentina. This perspective provides us with a distinctive profile in our different areas of practices when counseling our clients.
MBB Balado Bevilacqua has been singled out by International Legal Reviewers, Legal 500 Latin America 2013-2016, Chambers and Partners Latin America 2013-2017 and Who’s Who Legal 2015-2016.