Bichara & Motta Advogados
Av. Rio Branco, 177
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Tel: +55 21 3974-3011
Fax: +55 21 3974-3000
Maria Cristina Pantoja has been working at Bichara e Motta Advogados since 2015 as a partner of the corporate and business department with her team. Born in Rio de Janeiro, she holds a law degree from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC/RJ) and has over 15 years of experience in business law, that encompasses corporate law, financial market, real estate, contracts in general and also inheritance planning.
She has worked for many years for two of the largest corporate law firms nationwide, in Rio de Janeiro and in Sao Paulo. Maria Cristina Pantoja has extensive experience in international negotiations, from the formation and structuring corporations in Brazil and abroad, national and international financing, and even the construction of ships, EPC contracts, international service contract, etc.
The Business & Contract Law Practice:
Bichara e Motta Advogados provides legal advice in all aspects of business law, especially in the corporate, contract, commercial and compliance areas.
Experience, efficiency and objectivity together with a careful analysis of the risks involved contribute to the success of the services provided to our clients.
The firm offers the following services, among others, in the business field:
- consulting, negotiating and closing of local or international contracts, including supply, distribution, commercial representation, provision of services, loans and guarantees, factoring and franchising, turn key contracts, among others;
- advising on the purchase and sale of equity interests, assets and commercial establishments; incorporation and liquidation of corporations and limited liability companies;
- monitoring corporate activities and routines, shareholder meetings, board of directors’ meetings, organization of corporate books, etc.;
- planning and implementing corporate reorganizations, including negotiation of shareholders’ agreements, acquisitions, spin-offs, mergers, joint ventures, consortia, incorporation of shares, conversion of shares, transformation of corporate format, liquidation, divestments and other business deals and management duties;
- estate and/or family planning;
- real estate property contracts;
- representing clients before state and federal regulatory agencies on contracts with the Public Administration, advising them on public bids and administrative and judicial processes related to issues of Administrative Law; and
- Our client portfolio is diverse and includes private equity funds and companies of large, medium and small sizes, as well as individuals (athletes, celebrities and others). Among our corporate clients, we highlight those who work in the areas of navigation and in the oil and gas sector, salt producers and food distributors.
Bichara e Motta Advogados:
Bichara e Motta Advogados was the first firm in Latin America to create a team dedicated exclusively to Sports and Entertainment Law and is still known as a highly specialized firm focused on its clients’ satisfaction.
Acting in these innovative areas of law, also with an emphasis in the audiovisual, fashion, luxury, music, and arts markets, the firm has extensive experience in various legal areas that interact with these practices such as corporate, business, labour, contracts and civil law including commercial litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
Irrespective of its complexity, Bichara e Motta Advogados is equipped with a team of specialists prepared to apply its multidisciplinary practice and up-to-date expertise in these areas to fully satisfy its clients’ needs with flexibility and the necessary approach to provide tailor-made and innovative services.