The Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. Gardetto
19 boulevard des moulins
MC 98000 - Monaco
Tel: +377 92 16 16 17
Fax: +377 93 50 42 41
Admitted to the Bar in Monaco in 1988, Jean-Charles S. Gardetto has practised as an Avocat-Défenseur since 1997. He is the former President of the Monaco Bar Association (Ordre des Avocats et Avocats-Défenseurs de Monaco) and a former member of its board.
Jean-Charles S. Gardetto handles both advice and litigation. His main practice areas are business law, civil law, banking and financial law, contract law, international private law and business criminal law.
He holds the following academic qualifications:
- Master of Laws (L.L.M.) (1987), Cornell Law School (USA);
- Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures Spécialisées, DESS de Juriste d’Affaires Internationales – Commerce extérieur (1985), University of Aix-Marseille III, Institute of Business Law (France);
- Diplôme de Juriste Conseil d’entreprises, option internationale (1985), University of Aix-Marseille III;
- Maîtrise de droit privé (1984), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis (France).
Jean-Charles S. Gardetto was a Member of the National Council (Parliament) of Monaco and Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee from February 2003 to February 2013.
He was Head of the Delegations of Monaco to the Parliamentary of the Council of Europe and to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and was elected Vice-President of both Assemblies.
He was also a member of Monaco’s delegations to the Inter-Parliamentary Union, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean and the Euro-Mediterranean Parliamentary Assembly (EuroMed) of the Union for the Mediterranean.
Jean-Charles S. Gardetto is also a member of the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Union Internationale des Avocats.
Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. Gardetto:
The Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. Gardetto currently comprise seven multilingual legal practitioners: a partner, Attorney at Law, Jean-Charles S. Gardetto, and six associates, graduates of universities in France and abroad, spanning all the main practice areas.
The firm offers its clients, Monegasque and foreign nationals alike, a highly skilled and professional team who between them possess all the competencies required to tackle a comprehensive range of legal issues, including both litigation and advisory work, and to resolve the most complex situations.
The Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. GARDETTO even accompany their clients beyond the borders of the Principality thanks to a network of international correspondents.
The firm advises companies and private individuals, particularly in the following areas:
- banking and financial law: applicable standards, investment services, approval of financial institutions, conditions of practice in Monaco, assisting clients in their dealings with the regulatory authorities, etc.
- Company Law: applicable standards, company formation, mergers , acquisitions, creation of subsidiaries and administrative offices, administrative formalities, etc.
- Guarantees: collateral, first demand guarantees, etc.
- Labour and Employment Law: collective redundancies, negotiated dismissals, etc.
- Intellectual Property Law
- Civil Law: civil liability, victim compensation, non-performance of contracts etc.
- Family law: divorces, inheritance, international child abduction etc.
- Commercial and Business Law: commercial disputes, unfair competition, debt collection, commercial leases, insolvency proceedings
Their competence, responsiveness and international reach have won The Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. GARDETTO the continued confidence of international clients who insist on nothing but the highest standards.
The firm acts on behalf of institutional as well as private clients in such varied practice areas as business, banking and financial law, international private disputes (international estates, divorce, family disputes, etc.), labour law, liability law, debt recovery, enforcement/exequatur.
The firm has been continuously certified ISO 9001 since 2010 by Bureau Veritas for the quality of its services.