Santos Neto Advogados
Rua Fidêncio Ramos
195, 11º andar, Vila Olimpia
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Tel: +55 11 3124 3070
Fax: +55 11 3045 2269
CAREER, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
He was admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association – OAB/SP. Joined Santos Neto Advogados in 2011 as an associate. Worked previously as an in-house counsel at Louis Dreyfus Commodities, and as an associate at another Brazilian law firm focused on foreign exchange and international investments, financial and capital markets (mainly on the private funds industry) and corporate law. Intern at other Brazilian law firms with focus on Civil Litigation, Restructuring & Insolvency and Tax Law.
- Project Finance
- Financial Regulation
- Corporate Restructuring
- Capital Markets
- Foreign Investment in Brazil
- University of São Paulo – USP, PHD in Commercial Law (in progress)
- Université d’Avignon et des Pays de Vaucluse – University Extension: ‘Master I’ in Contractual Law – Public and Private
- University of São Paulo – USP, Bachelor of Laws
- Portuguese | English | French | Spanish
The Agribusiness Law Practice:
SNA has a highly specialized team in providing legal advice, consulting and litigation, related to issues inherent to this very important sector of the Brazilian economy. Given the specificity of the area and amplitude of matters that it raises, the activities of the firm integrate all of other sectors of activities for the complete solution of issues related to such very complex chain of economic activities. The services we provide include, inter alia, the following:
- Legal advice in corporate transactions and/or M&A involving companies and other players integrated into the agribusiness chain;
Legal advice to agribusiness companies willing to negotiate their securities in stock exchanges;
- Structuring transactions bounded or formalized by agribusiness instruments such as Rural Product Certificates (Cédula de Produto Rural – CPR), Agricultural Deposit Certificates and Agricultural Warrant (Certificado de Depósito Agropecuário e Warrant Agropecuário – CDA/WA), Agribusiness Letter of Credit (Letra de Crédito do Agronegócio – LCA), Agribusiness Credit Rights Certificate (Certificado de Direitos Creditórios do Agronegócio – CDCA), among others;
- Structuring securitization transactions and establishment of investment funds linked to agribusiness assets and credit rights, including, without limitation, issuance of Agribusiness Receivables Certificates (Certificados de Recebíveis do Agronegócio – CRA);
- Drafting, review and negotiation of agricultural contracts, such as the various forms of rural partnerships and leases, as well as contracts and instruments pertaining to issues related to the ownership of rural property (including all issues, advisory and contentious, involving governmental agencies, local authorities, regulatory agencies and registries);
- Legal advice in matters related to the acquisition of rural lands, including by foreigners;
- Drafting, review and negotiation of agroindustrial contracts connected to the agribusiness chain, involving since the purchase and sale of agricultural inputs, raw materials and commodities themselves until more complex issues involving logistics, transport, insurance, storage, importation and exportation of goods; and
- Judicial or extrajudicial collection of debts arising from agribusiness-linked contracts and negotiable instruments.
Santos Neto Advogados:
SNA is a full service law firm, founded in 1992. Over the years, the firm stood out in banking and finance, Agribusiness, Trade Finance, Corporate Restructuring, Capital Markets, Litigation practice areas, as well as Commercial law, with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
With lead offices in São Paulo, Brazil and branch offices in New York City, USA, SNA offer a whole new concept of lawyering called “lean full service”, where each lawyer offers specialty services in two or three areas of law, to keep legal teams lean and efficient, driven to fully understanding the client’s business need with whom we aim to build close and strong relationships.
SNA also count to a strategic partnership with foreign lawyers and even internal consultant in Foreign law, that allows expanding the provision of legal services to other jurisdictions that not only Brazilian, highlighting the cases of Switzerland and New York State (USA).