C-10, Gulmohar Park
New Delhi- 110 049
Tel: +91-11-4166 2861
Fax: +91-11-4166 2862
Dimpy is Partner at LexCounsel and has over fifteen years of experience advising and representing clients on Employment law as well as General Corporate & Commercial law, Education, Media, Real Estate, Life Sciences, Insurance and Regulatory law matters.
Her expertise in the field of employment law includes: Non-solicitation, employee claims including for bonus, stock option and other incentive schemes, downsizing, enforcement of employee post termination obligations and strategies for containing attrition, paternity leave policy, issues related to secondment, work visas.
- LL.B. in 1999 from University of Delhi
- B.A. (Hons) Psychology in 1994 from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi
- Bar Council of Delhi, Bar Association of Delhi and International Bar Association.
- English, Hindi & Oriya.
The Employment Law Practice:
Professionals of LexCounsel have over the years advised many Indian and foreign businesses on aspects of employment laws, compliances and strategies including:
- Employment, retainer, consultancy and advisory contracts, employee manuals, policies and benefit schemes and recruitment strategies;
- Attrition issues, pre and post termination restrictive covenants and enforcement of post termination confidential, non-disclosure and non-solicitation obligations and protection of trade secrets;
- Closure of businesses, settlement of employee dues, good-faith placement assistance, transfer of divisions with continuity of service and employment benefits;
- Termination strategies, non-discrimination requirements, downsizing, workmen insurance and compensation, voluntary separation schemes, payment of retrenchment/termination compensation and benefits for employees;
- Collective bargaining and negotiations with trade unions;
- Conduct of industrial disputes, statutory registrations and certifications;
- Dealing with tortious interference with employment and customer contracts, and employers vicarious liability issues;
- Statutory registrations and certifications and labour law audits in view of different state specific regulations concerning leave, termination notice, right of recovery of training expenses, hours of work, etc.;
- Agreements for outsourcing of workforce in information technology, insurance and security services and manpower services agreements for office support staff on an all India basis;
- Representations, advises, replies to notices, calculation of statutory deductions and supervising compliances for clients in the outsourcing industry;
- Engagement of child artists and differently abled individuals; and
- Engagement of expatriates, relocation issues, tax issues and local assistance.
LexCounsel is a New Delhi based law firm established to provide superior quality, knowledge based, effective, business oriented legal services to its clients. Founded on best international practices, coupled with strong capabilities and experience of its members, LexCounsel provides comprehensive legal services and solutions to a broad spectrum of domestic and foreign clients, ranging from start-up companies to multinational corporations.
Our members have substantial expertise in their practice areas and in-depth sector specific understanding and knowledge to provide customized and highly effective legal advise best suited to the clients’ business needs, be it simple or complex multiparty transaction. In recognition, partners of the Firm have been consistently nominated Leading Lawyers in their respective areas of practice, particularly in IT, telecommunications and media; venture capital and private equity; and labour and employment. Our members add real value for clients in the way they achieve objectives and resolve complex legal issues. Our members are known to be uncompromising when it comes to professional standards, quality of advise and responsiveness.
The Firm is equipped with advanced technologies, management resources, updated library systems and other dedicated support systems to ensure timely delivery of legal services.
With a close network of associate offices in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune and Goa, LexCounsel draws on the specialized expertise of several professionals and specialists to provide seamless and complete legal business advise throughout India.