Kott Gunning Lawyers
Level 8, AMP Building
140 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000, Australia
Tel: +61 8 9483 0933
Fax: +61 8 9321 3465
David has substantial experience in the areas of estate planning, finance and property. He acts for lenders, property developers, real estate agents, accountants and trustee companies.
For a period of 11 years, David was Chairman of the Real Estate and Business Agents Supervisory Board. As a result, he has acquired considerable knowledge of real estate agency practice.
His experience includes:
- Supervising the preparation of securities for Rural Bank and advising Rural Bank generally in relation to securities.
- Preparing securities for IGA Distribution and advising IGA Distribution generally in relation to its securities.
- Preparing and advising on contracts for the sale and purchase of properties, businesses and companies.
- Preparing superannuation trust funds and advising on superannuation trusts and transactions.
- Providing advice on the Duties Act and its effect on commercial transactions including the implications of the new landholders duties.
- Preparing trust deeds including testamentary trusts.
- Advising in relation to real estate agency practice.
- Preparing security documentation and advising on the enforcement of securities.
- Preparing wills and advising in relation to contentious estate matters.
- Advising executors and trustees in relation to the administration of estates and trusts.
The Estate & Trust Law Practice:
Kott Gunning’s Wills, Estates and Trust Services team has an enviable reputation for delivering peace of mind. We are client focused with a wealth of experience. For 95 years the firm has helped with estate planning, trust administration and all aspects of wealth protection for a broad cross section of the Western Australian community. Our private client practice is substantial, thanks largely to excellent word of mouth. We’re privileged to receive many referrals from finance professionals who recognise the value in what we offer – prompt, expert advice that gives clients confidence in their affairs.
Kott Gunning Lawyers offers a free Will and Estate Planning Health Check with a lawyer as part of our Lifetime Estate Support Service. If you choose to engage us, we will discuss the available options with you and tailor our fee taking into account your individual circumstances and needs.
Kott Gunning Lawyers:
Kott Gunning is a trusted, independent Western Australian law firm focused on delivering outstanding legal services to its clients. We aim to set the standard for cost-effective, business-minded legal advice that’s tailored for our clients.
Founded in 1919 in Perth, we’re one of Western Australia’s most established law firms – and one of its most adaptable. We’ve been a robust part of the legal landscape for more than 95 years.
We’re a client focused law firm. We take our relationships seriously. That’s why we make it our business to know our clients’ business – from property and construction to finance, insurance and local government. We go deeper to understand the issues, so our clients get the best advice. In a constantly changing commercial and corporate environment, clients can depend on us for informed, accurate, innovative advice that’s tailored just for them.
Our areas of practice include Commercial and Finance, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Litigation, Property, Building and Construction, Insurance, Risk, Employment Law and Workplace Safety, Government, Local Government and Private Client services such as Family Law and Wills, Estates and Trusts.
Our lawyers have acted for some of Western Australia’s biggest enterprises on some of its most complex matters. We have longstanding relationships with statutory corporations, state government departments, local governments and listed public companies and have been on their legal services panels for many years.