Nutter McClennen & Fish
155 Seaport Blvd
Boston, MA 02210
David C. Henderson is a partner in Nutter’s Litigation Department, a member (and former co-chair) of the firm’s Labor, Employment and Benefits practice group, and a member of the Business Litigation practice group. Clients rely on David’s over 35 years of legal experience in both the public and private sectors. His practice is concentrated in civil litigation and corporate general counsel advice, with a particular focus on employment and labor law and general business and commercial matters. Major corporations, smaller employers, and individual managers frequently engage David in civil matters in federal and state courts and administrative agencies.
Drawing on his experiences in the United States Air Force, David serves as the supervising attorney for a pro bono program he helped organize within Nutter to represent veterans making disability benefit appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
David continues his leadership outside the firm through his involvement in numerous professional organizations, including:
- Massachusetts Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Accounts (IOLTA) Committee, member (an appointment by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court).
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation (MBF), trustee, member of executive committee, Brandeis Life Fellow, evaluator of charitable organization IOLTA grant applications, and chair of Grant Advisory Committee.
- New England Center and Home for Veterans, board member and audit committee member.
- Career Collaborative, member of Advisory Board.
- Boston Bar Association (BBA) and its Labor & Employment Section, member. David previously served on the Steering Committee of the Labor & Employment Section, co-chaired the sub-committee that published and revised “A Practical Guide to Understanding Massachusetts Employment Law,” and presented and served for four years as a panelist in the BBA’s Employment Law Basics course.
- King Philip Youth Lacrosse League, youth lacrosse coach.
Prior to Nutter, David served on active duty in the United States Air Force as a pilot, instructor pilot, judge advocate, and staff judge advocate. In the latter two capacities, he served as general counsel for organizations with thousands of civilian and military employees, and represented the United States in court martial prosecutions, Merit System Protection Board hearings, public sector labor arbitrations, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission hearings, and military discharge boards.
The Employment Law Practice:
We put a seasoned, interdisciplinary team to work for our clients, combining the highest levels of experience and skill to deliver outstanding legal services in the most efficient manner possible. With all of its lawyers based in Massachusetts and collaborating on every detail, Nutter’s Labor, Employment and Benefits team is constantly poised to deliver consistent, high-caliber representation to our clients.
Our lawyers continuously consult with our clients about employment-related issues, and proactively seek methods and strategies for clients to reduce legal risk and avoid unnecessary and costly litigation. When required, however, we represent our clients on employment-related litigation matters and have a proven track record of success in such litigation.
Nutter McClennen & Fish:
Top tier-ranked by Chambers USA and U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers, Nutter is a Boston-based law firm that provides legal counsel to industry-leading companies, early stage entrepreneurs, institutions, foundations, and families, across the country and around the world. The firm’s lawyers are known for their client-centric approach and extensive experience in business and finance, intellectual property, litigation, real estate and land use, labor and employment, tax, and trusts and estates.
Nutter has consistently ranked high in lawyer satisfaction, including “best mid-sized law firm to work for” by Vault Magazine and the annual law firm survey of associate lawyer satisfaction conducted by The American Lawyer. Co-founded in 1879 by Louis D. Brandeis, who later became a renowned justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, Nutter is dedicated to helping companies prosper in today’s fast-paced business environment.