Gornitzky & Co
Zion Building, 45 Rothschild Blvd
Tel Aviv, 6578403
Adv. Daniel Paserman (CPA), heads Gornitzky & Co.’s tax practice. Daniel also serves as the Secretary of STEP Israel (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners). He frequently lectures at Israel’s finest academic institutions and major conventions and regularly receives recognition from leading international legal guides for his expertise in multiple areas of practice. Daniel served as a member of the firm’s executive board between the years 2010 – 2016.
Daniel advises private clients in matters concerning family wealth planning and preservation. In this capacity, he has earned the trust of many high net worth individuals and families, who have adopted him as their advisor in all matters, including those that extend beyond the pertinent legal issues. Within this framework, Daniel often provides consultation in the area of philanthropy. He also advises new immigrants and returning residents who immigrated to Israel with regard to the projected ramifications of such a move on their worldwide assets and business activities.
As leader of the firm’s tax practice, Mr. Paserman is involved in intricate corporate and individual tax planning – both domestic and cross-border. Daniel is active in a wide range of complex tax rulings and opinions, reorganizations and tax assessments. His broad experience also includes negotiations vis-à-vis the Israel Tax Authority and the litigation of tax disputes before various judicial bodies. In addition, he specializes in taxation of trusts and estates and provides tax planning guidance for high net worth individuals.
Mr. Paserman advises private equity funds in a variety of transactions. He also has extensive experience in worldwide M&A transactions and has represented some of the leading Israeli corporations in multi-million dollar transactions, both in Israel and abroad.
Mr. Paserman is also known for his representation of financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, funds, financial advisors, etc.) with regard to various regulatory, corporate and tax aspects of their activities, including in the penetration of foreign financial institutions into the Israeli market and establishment of Israeli presence.
Prior to joining Gornitzky Daniel served as a legal clerk to Honorable Judge Theodore Or, Deputy President of the Israeli Supreme Court, and worked at the tax department of Arthur Andersen Israel (today part of Ernst & Young).
The Estate & Trust Law Practice:
Gornitzky & Co. has a stellar trusts, estates and private wealth management practice. We provide legal services designed to assist high net worth families and individuals in achieving their family planning and dispositive goals. Our lawyers advise clients in both their personal and business matters and provide ongoing legal assistance. With our extensive knowledge, we develop and implement structures that take into account our clients’ values and philosophies, while providing flexibility for changing circumstances.
Our trusts, estates and private wealth management team, provides its clients with advice on a wide range of complex trust and succession issues, including:
- multi-generational asset transfers, wealth preservation, asset protection and contingency planning, for high net worth individuals and families, including family constitutions and governance, mitigation of exposure to tax (for both current and future generations), and complex corporate restructuring;
- preparation of wills, living wills and division of estate assets agreements, including related tax planning, probate and succession orders, appointment of guardians and advising guardians, heirs and executors;
- estate planning and management and ensuing tax issues;
- pre-nuptial and matrimonial relationships, including monetary rights of spouses and civil (“common law”) partners;
- establishment of private revocable and irrevocable trusts and foundations in Israel and abroad, counsel to trustees and protectors;
- design and establishment of philanthropic structures, such as gifting strategies, trusts, private and public charitable foundations, non-profit organizations and other charitable planning;
- private international law, relating to foreign law as it applies to multi-jurisdictional estates and matrimonial relationships, including representation in litigation proceedings and dispute resolution of interfamilial disputes relating to the settlement of estates and the contestation of wills.
Ranked as Israel’s top private wealth management law firm, by leading international and Israeli legal guides, our trusts, estates and private wealth management practice has more partners endorsed in this field than any other Israeli law firm. Our practice is further enhanced by the membership of some of our partners in STEP – The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.