Holland & Knight LLP
131 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Christine L. Albright concentrates on counseling high-net-worth individuals and family groups in all facets of sophisticated wealth and estate planning and protection, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxation, income taxation of estates and trusts, and succession planning for closely held and family businesses. She also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries of trusts and estates regarding all aspects of trust and estate administration, the review and preparation of estate and generation-skipping transfer tax returns, the analysis of fiduciary income tax matters, and trust construction and reformation suits and other contested trust and estate matters. She represents parties in seeking private letter rulings and in handling tax audits for federal estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer and fiduciary income tax matters.
Ms. Albright’s practice in the wealth and estate planning includes matters such as:
- structuring and implementing lifetime and testamentary transfers of wealth
- structuring and managing closely held or family-owned business entities, including partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations
- tax planning for gifts, sales and initial public offerings of businesses in connection with transferring wealth, and planning for succession of closely held and family-owned businesses
- structuring and implementing gifts to charitable trusts, private foundations and other charitable entities, and establishing, administering and managing charitable trusts and foundations
- preparing and implementing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- preparing and analyzing wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and advance directives for healthcare and property, buy-sell and other shareholder agreements, and other ancillary estate planning documents
Ms. Albright is past chair of the American Bar Association’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, a former American College of Trust and Estate Counsel regent and past chair of the Trust Law Committee of The Chicago Bar Association. She has also assisted the American Bar Association in filing several amicus curiae briefs with federal circuit courts regarding federal tax cases in which the courts ruled in favor of the positions taken by the ABA.
Ms. Albright frequently speaks on wealth and estate planning and trust and estate administration issues for various professional groups, such as bar associations, ALI-CLE, the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and the Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning. For a number of years she was an adjunct professor at Northwestern University School of Law, teaching a course on the income taxation of trusts and estates in the Graduate Tax Program.
Holland & Knight LLP:
Holland & Knight is a global law firm with more than 1,200 lawyers and other professionals in 27 offices throughout the world. Our lawyers provide representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. Interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams provide clients with access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.