One Metropolitan Square
211 N. Broadway
St. Louis, MO 63102-2741
Tel: +1 314 259 5846
Fax: +1 314 259 5959
Charlie is a member of Dentons’ Construction Practice Group. He has represented a wide variety of clients in all project phases, including project contracting and procurement, project administration and dispute resolution. His clients have included project owners, general contractors, subcontractors, sureties, design professionals, utilities and manufacturers.
Charlie’s experience in the pre-construction transactional phase of construction projects includes a broad range of project delivery methodologies, including traditional design-bid-build contracts, design-build contracts, construction management contracts, EPC contracts, EPCM contracts, development contracts, professional services contracts and other contractual arrangements on multi-million dollar projects. Moreover, Charlie regularly counsels clients in real-time throughout the course of construction as issues arise on projects.
Charlie has handled complex issue and multiple party dispute resolution at the state, federal and appellate level, as well as in the alternative dispute resolution forums of mediation and arbitration. Charlie has experience in prosecuting and defending significant construction disputes, including but not limited to design and construction defect claims, schedule/delay claims, contract default claims, mechanic’s liens, improper workmanship claims, error and omission claims, payment and performance bond claims, UCC claims, and other contractually based disputes.
- Represented luxury resort developer in connection with the construction of an ultra-high-end luxury casino hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented quasi-public utility board of directors with respect to nuclear power facility in South Carolina.
- Represented well known film producer in the development of expansive movie studio property in Georgia.
- Represented solar developer with respect to engineering, procurement and construction agreements for future developments.
- Represented client with respect to engineering, procurement and construction contract disputes relating to a coal-fired power facility. The claims involved schedule and defect related issues.
- Represented an industrial manufacturer with respect to an engineering, procurement and construction management agreement in connection with a new production facility.
- Represented a renewable developer with respect to an engineering, procurement and construction contract in connection with a wind generation facility.
- Represented design-build JV in connection with a dispute relating to an ethanol production facility, which included schedule and delay claims and claims of construction and design defects.
- Represented natural gas supplier with respect to an engineering, procurement and construction management agreement in connection with a natural gas storage and compression facility in Louisiana.
- Represented natural gas supplier with respect to an engineering, procurement and construction management agreement in connection with a natural gas pipeline project in Louisiana.
- Represented natural gas supplier in a dispute relating to an engineering, procurement and construction management agreement in connection with a natural gas compression, storage and pipeline project in California.
- Represented owner of a biodiesel production facility relating to project delays, defect claims and mechanic’s liens.
- Represented Native American hotel and casino operator in connection with facility design and construction issues.
- Represented multi-unit residential developer in connection with all aspects of the design and construction of mixed use facilities.
- Represented major hotel operator in dispute with regard to design and construction defects.
- Represented major hotel operator in dispute regarding improper installation of flooring in rooms that created cupping of wood floors.
- Represented Native American casino operator in dispute regarding design defect in raised flooring.
- Represented major hotel operator in dispute regarding incomplete work and mechanics liens in property relating to contractors failure to pay subs money paid by owner.
- Represented major developer with regard to hotel construction contract for high rise hotel in suburban Kansas City.
- Represented Native American hotel and casino operator with regard to construction and engineering contracts and transactions for a casino hotel in California.
- Represented infrastructure contractor in various bid protests and other contractual disputes.
- Represented professional sports team with regard to certain disputes relating to a civic facility.