Avenida da Liberdade
n.º 38-1.º andar
Peers acknowledge António Frutuoso de Melo of António Frutuoso de Melo & Associados Sociedade De Advogados, RL as a point of reference in banking and finance. He is “creative, very knowledgeable and good to work with,” states a source. | Chambers 2015
Born Viseu, Portugal, November 16, 1948 | Admitted, 1985, Portugal
- Coimbra Law School
- Lisbon Law School (Graduate, 1979)
- Several Articles published in International Financial Law Review and other specialized magazines
- Portuguese section, GT Guide to World Equity Markets
- Portuguese section, Morgan Grenfell Handbook of International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Portuguese section, European Mergers and Acquisitions
- Portuguese chapter, European Corporate Finance Law – A Guide to M&A and Corporate Restructuring Legislation, Euromoney
- Several articles for Dossiers Internationaux des Editions Francis Lefèbvre – Portugal
- Teacher, Administrative Law, Lisbon University, 1977-1980
- Professor by special invitation, Free University of Lisbon, 1985-1987
- Chief of Staff for: Minister for the Council of Ministers, 1981
- Minister of Labour, 1982
- Portuguese, English, French, Italian and Spanish
Banking & Finance Law Practice:
Work handled covers a wide range of financial products, including structured finance, regulatory and capital driven instruments, derivatives and project finance. The firm also advises Portuguese branches of investment and commercial international banks on their activity in Portugal.
António Frutuoso de Melo e Associados:
AFMA originated from a project of independence and freedom of thought.
This is the culture that endures and that we intend to assure. In AFMA we continue to believe that the upside of law practice lies in the personalized expression of each of our lawyers. This has been, in fact, the key factor in the relationship with our clients at these challenging times.
We are proud of our route and we intend to keep the reasons and spirits for doing so.