14, Villa Deshayes
Tel: +33 (0)1 45 40 01 30
Fax: +33 (0)1 47 03 08 51
Anne-Katel has built up ten years of experience in Information and communications technology law. Her broad-based approach to cases and passion for her clients’ sectors enable her to quickly grasp their issues. She is therefore able to truly address their business-related issues.
Her entrepreneurial spirit and passion for law, art, and cutting-edge technologies encouraged her to establish her own law firm – MEDIASTIC – in Paris. She wishes to provide “haute-couture” services at competitive fees to assist start-ups and freelancers in their innovative projects.
The IT Law Practice:
- E-commerce platforms: supplier and web provider contracts, general and special terms and conditions of sale, general and special terms and conditions of use
- Legal framework for digital, interactive and non-interactive online content services platforms operating conditions: audio-visual (news), feature length and short films, music, books, photography, video games
- Electronic communications: distribution contract for telecoms services, telecommunications equipment and associated services, acquisition and supply of dark fibres, VOIP, network deployment and infrastructure connection, and ARCEP assistance (French Regulatory Authority for the Postal Sector and Electronic Communications).
- Technological risk and insurance: audits and negotiation of insurance contracts with underwriters
- Mobile phone services: ringtones, wallpaper, triple play services
- IT policies: drafting and updating policies in relation with evolutions of labour law, enforceability of policies
- IT contracts: calls for tenders, project owner and project management assistance, development, licences, transfer of rights, integration, information management, sub-contracting, hosting, maintenance, service-level agreements
- Business software, software and other digital content: development contracts, licences, transfer, distribution, maintenance, sequestration, management of counterfeiting litigation, intrusions in automatic data processing systems and software theft complaints
- Cloud computing: contract drafting, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Big Data: contract drafting
- Information system security and integrity: cyber-surveillance and cybercrime
- Websites: legal notices, general terms and conditions of use, general terms and conditions of sale, hosting
- Databases: protection, management of registrations with the APP, counterfeiting litigation and advice on the sui generis regime.
- Personal data: audits, standard and simplified declarations, transfer of data abroad, authorization applications for special processing (surveys and sensitive data), legal support for setting up video surveillance and biometrics systems, assistance following employee complaints to CNIL (French data protection authority)
The firm’s creation arose from the desire to provide “tailor-made” advice to companies and freelancers on matters relating to Information Technology (IT), Intellectual Property (IP) and assist them in litigation.
The firm strongly focuses on digital law and more specifically in the sectors of computer science, media, visual arts, design, audio-visual, cinema, music, photography and fashion.
The firm was founded by Anne-Katel Martineau in late 2007, under the trademark MEDIASTIC, drawing on partnerships with European and American law firms, especially in New York where she used to work and travels regularly. She is therefore able to accompany the firm’s clients’ in their European and international projects.
In 2012, 2013 and 2014, the firm MEDIASTIC was distinguished by “Décideurs Stratégies” as being one of the best French law firms for its legal practice in the audio-visual and internet sectors, as well as the art market.
In September 2013, the firm was briefly a partnership under the name MEDIASTIC-MARTINEAU ASSOCIES A.A.R.P.I.
After this partnership of a year and a half, Anne-Katel MARTINEAU continues her international development to assist foreign companies to secure their agreements in the digital sector in France and in Europe.
Recognized for its practice in negotiations and settlement agreements in an international context, the firm has been distinguished multiple times and has already received several awards in 2015 in the category “IT law firm of the year in France” by Corporate Intl, Global Law Experts, ACQ5, Professional Sector Network and Corporate LiveWire.
The firm also has a strong focus on the art market, its team being passionate about contemporary art. The firm provides artists with its legal advice and knowledge of the art market. The firm is able to assist them at an international level, through their agents, galleries, or even as an artistic agent.