Villata, Degli Esposti e Associati
Via San Barnaba
30 (20122), Milan
Tel: +39 02 54 92 951
Fax: +39 02 54 62 107
Avv. Degli Esposti is a founding partner of Studio Legale Villata, Degli Esposti e Associati. Her main expertise lies within the Administrative Law sector where she specializes in Building Regulations and Town-Planning, Public Tenders, Environment and Project Financing.
Having attended lectures at the Universities of Münster and Hannover, Avv. Degli Esposti graduated magna cum laude in Law from the University of Bologna in 1984. In 1986 she was admitted to the bar and later built up a practice which covers both judicial (predominantly before the Regional Administrative Tribunals and the Supreme Administrative Court) and extrajudicial work. With specific reference to the latter, her main focus is on advising clients in stipulating agreements with Public Administrations. Furthermore, she provides counsel throughout M&A transactions and joint ventures, flagging and addressing administrative issues in.
Avv. Degli Esposti has also been involved in research and lecturing in the departments of Constitutional and Administrative Law at the Universities of Bologna, Milan and Pavia, publishing a number of essays and contributing numerous entries to legal encyclopaedias, such as “Digesto IV – Discipline pubblicistiche” (“Digest IV – Public Branch of Law”). In addition, Andreina Degli Esposti has extensive experience as member of the Arbitrator Boards and is currently part of the “Professional Network” of the online Administrative Law review “GiustAmm.it”. She is a member of the group “Giustizia Civile” (Civil Justice), co-ordinated by a professor of the University of Bologna.
As well as speaking Italian (mother tongue), Avv. Degli Esposti is also proficient in both English and German.
Studio Legale Villata, Degli Esposti e Associati:
At Studio Villata, Degli Esposti e Associati, our primary objective is to meet the growing demand for specialist advice from public and private clients operating in the various sectors governed by Administrative Law. Having provided legal counsel across all areas of our expertise over the years, our extensive judicial and extrajudicial experience has shaped the Studio as a key consultancy in the current legal framework. The firm advises a large number of international, commercial, financial and industrial clients in all areas of public law, in both extrajudicial and judicial matters. Specifically, the firm specialises in:
- Litigation: the firm’s partners regularly represent clients before the Administrative, Civil and Criminal Courts in all matters pertaining to the areas of expertise listed below;
- Public Tenders: the practice offers advice on public tenders and represents clients in litigation proceedings, both before the administrative courts in relation to tenders and award provisions, as well as before ordinary courts in tender contract disputes;
- Public Utilities: the firm provides clients with (i) influential opinions and advice; (ii) litigation expertise; and (iii) assistance with the structuring, documentation and completion of complex transactions;
- Energy: the firm primarily assists the principal Italian companies in the energy sector with the following matters: exploration; production; storage and distribution of natural gas; power generation (including renewable sources, cogeneration and waste-to-energy) and distribution; and the storage and distribution of oil;
- Oil & Gas: the firm assists major companies operating in the Italian oil and gas sectors in (i) the regulation process under Italian Authorities, (ii) the acquisition of concessions and administrative permits, and (iii) litigation;
- Infrastructure: representing clients in tender procedures or in the implementation of public contracts;
- Environment: the firm boasts a comprehensive and experienced practice in both the remediation and waste sectors, along with an exceptional legal service in criminal law, litigations (before Administrative or Civil Courts) and the structuring of complex transactions – a combination of expertise that is unrivalled in Italy;
- Privatisation & Public Enterprises (listed or otherwise): the firm has developed a widespread expertise in privatisation, financial transactions with public bodies and M&A in public enterprise sector;
- Criminal Trials: the firm has assisted clients before Criminal Courts in matters relating to administrative affairs.
The firm also has a wealth of experience having offered expert advice in matters such as building regulations, town planning, mergers and acquisitions, independent authorities, regulations of industrial sites, project financing and arbitration.
We operate within the ever-strengthening relationship between the Administrative and Civil law sectors, with a particular focus on Corporate and Financial law. The importance of this relationship has now extended across both national and international markets as a result of the influence of key independent authorities that regulate areas such as antitrust material, the Stock Exchange and financial brokerage, as well as other entities operating in the field of public utilities (e.g. energy, water, telecommunications and transport).
We consider one of our fundamental strengths to be our ability to continually update and evolve our practice in order to accommodate for a constantly developing legal system. The Studio’s dynamic structure means that our lawyers spread across Milan, Rome and Bologna can satisfy our clients’ every need quickly and efficiently.