P.O. Box 2121
Tel: +41 44 215 44 77
Fax: +41 44 215 44 79
Andreas Fankhauser has 15 years of experience in handling and resolving complex disputes arising out of a variety of business transactions, including in the fields of transportation, international trade, insurance, engineering, product liability, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, investments, fraud and asset recovery. A significant focus of his practice is on contractual and regulatory aviation matters and business.
Andreas Frankhauser frequently acts as counsel in litigation before Swiss courts and in international arbitration proceedings. In addition, he serves as arbitrator. He also advises his clients in non-contentious commercial matters.
Andreas Fankhauser is recommended by Who’s Who Legal (Aviation) and the Expert Guides to the World’s Leading Lawyers (Aviation, International Trade, China).
Legal Education and Professional Experience:
- Partner at Baumgartner Mächler since 2012 (co-head of the firm’s litigation and arbitration practice group)
- Partner at gbf Gerspacher Bell Fankhauser, 2007 – 2012
- Associate at Schellenberg Wittmer, 2001 – 2007
- Legal Secretary and Judge at the District Court of Zurich, 1998 – 2001
- Admission to the bar in Switzerland, 2000
- University of Zurich, lic. iur., 1997
- Swiss Bar Association, Zurich Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Swiss Association of Air and Space Law
- European Air Law Association
- Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- German, English, French
The Aviation Law Practice:
We advise and represent airlines, airport operators, manufacturers and insurers with regards to:
- Liability and insurance law
- Regulatory law
- Traffic rights
- Competition law
- Environmental law
- Contract law
- Travel law
- Employment law
- Criminal law
Baumgartner Mächler is a law firm located in central Zurich which specialises in national and international legal matters. We advise and represent private individuals as well as companies from Switzerland and abroad.
The core competencies of our law firm are commercial law, business crime law and international mutual legal assistance.
We represent our clients in court proceedings, arbitration proceedings and administrative proceedings, and provide consultancy services.
Baumgartner Mächler brings together the varied specialist expertise of its lawyers, and places this know-how at the disposal of its clients by forming dedicated teams which focus on specific legal issues.